40 Things That Make Me Happy
“Do more of what makes you happy.”
I love to journal, and I often use writing prompts when writing in my journal. Recently, one of my journal prompts was to make a list of things that make you happy.
Being that my life can get a bit hectic at times, it was refreshing to actually pause for a moment to focus on things that actually bring me joy. After all, it’s the little things in life that bring us happiness, right?
Here are forty things that make me happy:
1. My son. His little smiling face always warms my heart.
2. My husband, who is also my best friend.
3. Fresh flowers.
4. The smell of scented candles.
5. Ice cream. I mean, what girl doesn’t like ice cream?
7. Planners – with all of the decorations.
8. Long, warm bubble baths. (I could certainly use one right now).
9. A good nap.
10. A nice cup of coffee with ALL the creamer. Mmmmm.
11. Tender kisses.
12. Spending time with my family. I love those guys and gals!
13. Sitting outside on my patio.
14. Going for a Sunday evening drive.
15. Writing in my journal.
16. Pizza – with extra pepperoni.
17. Reading a good book.
18. Leisurely walks with my husband and the kiddo.
19. Netflix. I love to binge watch movies.
20. Lying on crisp, clean sheets.
21. A stroll through the park.
22. Playing with my son.
23. Fall season.
24. Warm doughnuts from Krispy Kreme.
25. Music. Seriously, music is life!
26. Date night with my favorite guy.
27. A cup of peach tea.
28. Lip gloss.
29. Vacationing with my family.
30. Bath and body products. I love body butters and lotions that pamper my skin.
31. Peanut butter cookies fresh from the oven.
33. Singing my favorite songs really loud – but only when I’m alone.
34. Homemade pancakes.
35. Sipping my morning coffee on the front porch with my husband.
36. Watching home decorating shows on television.
37. Organizing my pantry.
38. Christmas season.
39. Rearranging the furniture, even though it drives the hubby crazy.
40. Fuzzy socks.
Have you ever made a list of things that make you happy? What would be on your list?
Aw lovely post, I can relate to a lot of these things. Long walks, coffee, pizza and writing definitely always make me happy!
I’m new to blogging so would appreciate if you have time to check it out, thank you xo
We have very similar tastes except I sing out loud and can careless about what anyone else thinks
I have a list too, but I haven’t published it (because I was afraid people would think I was boasting). It’s called 50 reasons I love my life. I generally only read it when I feel down or melancholy. You’ve inspired me to post it though. I love your list, and I live my family too! ❤️🦋🌀
Thank you for reading my list Sheila! I am happy that you were inspired to post your list. I look forward to reading it.