This slow cooker pulled pork is such an easy meal and so full of flavor. It’s the perfect meal for those summer months when you don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen standing over a hot stove. All you need is a few spices and some barbeque sauce and you are good to go.
You can serve the pulled pork on buns with coleslaw, or serve it alongside some baked beans, corn on the cob, coleslaw and garlic bread for a full meal.
8 to 10
8 hours to 10 hours
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 cup Barbeque Sauce
1 tbsp. Chili Powder
¼ cup Liquid Smoke
¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Onion Powder
2 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Mustard Powder
1 tsp Thyme
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 Pork Shoulder (3 or 4 lbs trimmed of excess fat)
1. Mix together all of the dry spices and rub into all sides of the pork.
2. Combine vinegar, onion, and liquid smoke and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
3. Wash meat and pat dry.
4. Carefully add the pork shoulder.
5. Pour barbeque sauce on top of the meat.
6. Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours. Meat should be tender and easy to pull apart.
7. Remove pork from slow cooker and transfer to a bowl.
8. Shred with two forks or a meat shredder and toss with juices from the slow cooker. Feel free to add a bit more barbeque sauce if desired.
Refrigerate any leftovers (moistened with some of the cooked liquid) in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
You can also freeze the pork for up to 2 months. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator.